Friday 7 October 2016

"BBB has broken wargaming for me!"


I really liked this post on the BBB Yahoo group! Headlined "BBB has broken wargaming for me", the gist of it is that after having played Bloody Big Battles historical scenarios, the poster (Leadhead, Ph.D), can no longer find the pleasure he used to in generic points-based tournament wargames.

I thought about taking this as a pretext to waffle on about how after making the Fifth Prigoginic Leap there's no going back. But instead I'll limit myself to saying that I likewise now usually feel vaguely unsatisfied after any wargame that isn't an actual historical battle, and few games give me the same high as BBB does. I'll leave it to readers to speculate why this could be.

It's been a couple of weeks. I need my fix!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!