Tuesday 6 January 2015

Wittmann at Villers-Bocage

My second post seems like a good time to stray off-topic and talk non-BBB. I just spent a short New Year holiday in Normandy. Santa had been kind enough to bring me David Porter's pair of books about the battles of 13-14 June 1944:
"7th Armoured Division at Villers-Bocage"
and
"1st SS Panzer Corps at Villers-Bocage".

So on Saturday we did a 'staff ride' following the course of Wittmann's rampage, the debacle on Point 213, Lieutenant Bill Cotton's successful ambush by the Mairie, and the Battle of the Brigade Box at Amaye.

Plenty of wargaming inspiration there. I may have to tackle this action sometime in 2015, probably using my preferred rules for WWII games, Kampfgruppe Commander (KGC).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!